Monday, September 1, 2008

Lucky Bamboo

Do you believe in luck? There are a lot of people depends on luck in life. Is it really true or just to make them feel good that they will have luck in their lives.

As far as I know some cultures believes luck exists. Like Chinesse they have a lot of different lucks in life. Actually I bought the love beeds before and I don't know if that thing works. I guess not or maybe it depends on the person.

This picture was taken in California. A japanese friend of my husband who happen to stay in a place own by a Chinese. This plant caught my attention and wanna share this to all my visitors.

This plant is a Dracaena sanderiana, known as Ribbon Dracaena, lucky bamboo or sometimes Ribbon Plant, is a species of Dracaena, native to Cameroon in tropical west Africa. It is one of a group of small, shrubby species with slender stems and flexible strap-shaped leaves that grow as understory plants in rainforests. It is an upright shrub growing to 1.5 m tall, with leaves 15-25 cm long and 1.5-4 cm broad at the base.

Twisted shapes can be produced by rotating the plant with respect to gravity and directed light sources. This is difficult to achieve for most home users, but not impossible with a lot of spare time and a lot of patience.

With this design I bet it really needs more patience to have this lucky plants. Well for me, I really don't believe luck exists. I believe everything we have are blessings from God. But of course I do respect people who really believe they are lucky or we say luck exists.

MOre Design: http://luckybambooshop.com/

No comments:

Blessings from God