Tuesday, July 15, 2008

APPLE TREE

When we're still young, we always want to know things around us. Maybe not all are the same but I'm really curious especially the food that I loved to eat. Vegetables and fruits are the most important food to complete my day. My mom really likes me for that. All the vegetables and fruits I ate I really need to see the tree or know what is the look of the plants. And when I can see the plants or find answers to my questions I will be contented. Most plants I saw from my grandmothers' garden. All the vegetables, trees that bare fruits and even spices are there.

I saw a lot of plants such as pechay (Pak Choi), cabbage, kamote,kangkong, squash, white squash, bitter melon, eggplant ( the long violet and the round green), green beans, long beans, string beans, raddish, okra, and tomatoes. For spices I saw ginger, onion, chili peppers, ordinary peppers, and I'm so surprise when I saw black peppers. Vine type plant and like grapes.

Almost all the trees and plants that produce fruits I already saw. I love to climb and really pick it and contentment is always there. I climbed mango tree, guava tree, guyabano, wild atis, sugar apple ( atis), avocado, dalandan, pomelo (suha), durian, lanzones, mangosteen, jackfruit,coconut, papaya, santol, star fruit, tambis and rambotan. We cut banana tree to harvest the fruit and cut sugar cane.Picked pineapples, watermelon and peanuts. And I saw grapes too! It was a great vacation for a me because almost all what i want to see was there, but still there's one thing lacking. An Apple tree. Ever since I was a kid I've always wanted to see an apple tree. Unluckily, tropical country can't have it. So I accepted the fact that I can't see an actual apple tree.

I grew up forget about my curiosity. Got married, get pregnant and on my first prenatal, guess what? I saw an apple tree! So happy ever and I really pick one. Sometimes in our life we never knew the things we really want will be given to us.

3 comments:

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

wow! sarap naman and super dami ng mga apples! hehehe give us some here!

Unknown said...

guess you forgot to mention the Camias Tree.. hahaha..

annhughes said...

hahahaha na nuway iyo se ya mira na miyo lola.. na zambo ya pwede iyo mira...hay yan laway yalang iyo oi..

Blessings from God