Saturday, July 12, 2008

English Class

English subject again? this is the thought always on my mind everytime I have english class. Always worried and nervous of my situation in class specially recitation time.You know kids attitude to laugh at your mistakes. When I'm a kid I remember I hate this subjects but I never failed, its just my lowest grade ever. I hate when people laugh at me in terms of wrong grammar, wrong spelling, and wrong pronunciation!!! I really felt embarrassed or we say disconcerted by sarcastic remarks.

Since then I don't wanna share what I wrote. It's always teacher and me only. I still don't have that confidence even though I got high grades on my essays. On my college days I love essay type of examinations because I'm sure I will pass the exam. Not to brag but not only passing marks but excellent... I admit there are corrections from my instructors but at least those smart ideas was expelled. The worst part I experienced in my college life was on debate class, what a challenge...I'm so afraid i might not be able to response right away to other opponent or give brilliant ideas for us to win. I'm thinking I might fail for the first time on my english class. Luckily I passed, what a blessing. That was tough!

Looking at my situation now, I need to talk English all the time.Gosh! Funny but at least i thank english sudject now. I'm so happy I know how to speak english or else I can't communicate with my husband and no way for us to be us. I'm so thankful that our country uses english textbooks to learn new knowledges. You know what? somebody ask me "when did you learn english?" I told her since kinder they already thought us english words. Then she told me in their country ( Panama) they need to enroll special class to learn english. Filipinos are so lucky, we dont need to be rich to know how to speak english. I appreciate english subjects now, i understand why we need to learn foreign language. Somehow today i have little confidence to do this things. My first time to write something that other people can read. Thanks to my friend Hazel. She's the one who encourages me to write something and share the goodness of what we have.

2 comments:

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

hmmm, so far so good! Keep it up Tine! You are doing good, good luck!

annhughes said...

Thanks to you...

Blessings from God