Wednesday, July 16, 2008

THANKS MEDICAID

Before giving birth, me and my husband make sure his insurance will cover me. He really did all the changes on his new insurance since he's already married . Glad after all the effort I'm covered already. Maternity is on service too we don't have to worry. We are on Blue Cross and Blue Shield Insurance. We also make sure our baby will be delivered in a normal delivery so that we can afford the remaining bills.


With all the problems in delivery room, we are happy I delivered him normal vaginal delivery. But after 5 minutes of joy another problem occurred. Our son was transfered immediately to the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit). I felt bad because our ideal plan did not work out. My husband suppose to cut the cord and I'll kiss the baby when he comes out. I'm disappointed we never experienced what we want.We stayed at NICU for about one week. Made me so emotional when we go home without our baby.We are so stressed out of the situation and thinking of the possible total of our bills. Month after giving birth, bills starts to pop up like mushrooms on our mail box. Even though we will only pay 10% of the total bills still it's so much! So crazy because our total bill amounting to $35,000. How I wish i gave birth in the Philippines because giving birth is not that expensive.

My husband deals with the bills because I still cant contribute yet. He tries to pay it little by little until we will be fully paid. One day somebody called me and asked me if i want to apply for medical assistance. I said sure! Why not? There's no harm in trying right? At least if approve we will not going to pay anymore bills. A great help to my husband. I'm so thankful to Zuzette of DSHS of Kent City for calling us. She told me she got my number from Akundi the nurse who visit us every two weeks to check our son. There are still people who really wanna help and doing their job. So we process our papers with Zuzettes' help and really hope for approval.

After one month, thank God we are qualified. I'm so grateful God sent them to help us on our problem. Such a great blessings. So to share my blessings, I pass my experienced to one of my friend who is pregnant right now. I advice her to apply. She did it and they are also approved. God is so good to all who ask Him. Thanks also to federal and state taxes for supporting the medicaid program.

No comments:

Blessings from God