Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Is RICE important?


Rice is the main source of energy for Filipinos. It's always part of our meals. Without rice we can't say it's a meal, but it's just snack.


At first I make sure that my husband will eat rice, I'm lucky he eats meals with it. But I guess it's just psychological that I must eat rice because we are really use to eat meal with it so it's on our mind that we must.


My hubby tries to convince me its ok without rice because it's just carbohydrates. There are a lot of food with carbohydrates. So we try eating potatoes since it's not expensive like rice. Bread n cereal in the morning, burgers, nachios, burritos, quesadia, tacos at lunch then spaghetti, corn chowder, macaroni with cheese, pizza and all food without rice for dinner. I tried not eating rice in three days, made me weak. Not really that weak but I felt like I need it. Rice is important for me so I asked my hubby to buy sack of rice.

2 comments:

alf said...

hi.
i don't think i will ever stop eating rice. pinoy eh. even on breakfast we eat rice.

annhughes said...

opo hirap ng walang rice. Mangluya gyud oi..thanks for the comment.

Blessings from God