Sunday, August 31, 2008

Small World

It was so hard to be in a transition period in life. Living in a place where all your family, relatives and friends are far. When you think of you are away from them you will really cry so better think you're just there next door with them and just don't have time to visit them. I know I'm just fooling myself but at least it helps me to stay brave away from my parents.

After one year, it was nice to know people that are from our dearest place but how can we know that they are ok? I mean how will we know they are good person? It just so hard to trust people you don't know. You know about crab mentality? That's one of the Pilipino traits I really hate. A lot of Pilipino here advised me not to trust right away. Why? Because they might be the one destroy your reputation in a long run. Hmmmp.... I know it's not easy not to talk with our "kabayan". It really made me happy to talk with them but again they say not to trust right away. Well I guess I will just trust my instinct. If they are not ok, just let show them your not interested to be their friend and if I felt they are fine, I still need to evaluate the true personality.

Before working I met two Pilipino in a parking lot and it was great to know they are Ilokanoes and they are from my fathers' town. It's a small world because the person I met was my father's "ka tropa" they are friends when they are kids. Wow that's nice to know one of my fathers' friends in his childhood time. Now, is it ok to be a friend to my fathers' friend? For me yes why not? It will make my papa happy to know about his long lost friend. He will be my uncle here but of course I really need to know him first before I will trust him.

Also in my work I met six Filipinoes there and I was so happy to talk with them on our break time. So far they are all nice to me. I hope they are all ok be to my new friends here. But again I can't help it, my brain always remind me to know them more before trusting them.

No comments:

Blessings from God